February 2020 Meeting Review
Gary Weeks, Secretary
Our President Chuck Haas opened the meeting with stories of a Scottish mother with bagpipe playing son (complete with accent), and moved onto sons looking for ponies in manure. You should have been there. Guests and new members were introduced
- Artistry in Wood: John Twedt reviewed the rules for the Associations’ wood show that will be open to members and the public, April 18 and 19 and held at the Woodsmith Store. Projects must be dropped off April 17. Posters will be available at the March meeting for members to distribute. Members will be asked to help staff the show and signup for specific times next month
- Furniture SIG: This Saturday at 9:30 the SIG will meet at 9:30 at the Woodsmith Store
- The annual audit is a requirement of the club. We need several members to help with this. Please contact Chuck Haas, President or Greg Alberts, Treasurer if you are able to assist
- Tool Swap: This event will held in September.Hold onto your tools until the swap meet
- Library: Eugene Harms announced the availability of a new QR code that members are able to utilize that will take them directly to the inventory of our library and request the checkout of the item
- Survey: At the February meeting we handed out a three question survey. We only received twenty five responses out of a potential of 75. Eugene distributed the survey again and asked members to please participate. The information will be shared with the members and be utilized to schedule classes and bring in programs for our meetings
- Education Classes: Tom Brumback reported that four classes are scheduled; two router classes, tool cabinet and storage chest. All classes are taught by Phil Huber, Multimedia Editor and excellent woodworker of Woodsmith Magazine. The web-site has class dates and cost. Sign up may also be accomplished on the website. The DMWA board has decided that there must be a minimum of three members for each class. Only two have enrolled for the tool cabinet and one for the storage chest. We urge you sign up!
Tom Brumback, Club member, presented the information on dust collection and lighting for our shops. Please go to the website for the presentation.
Show and Tell:
- Bob Scott: Three D butcher block made with walnut, cherry and maple.
- Ron Hilliard: Band saw boxes made with old growth walnut
- Gary Weeks: Pizza peeler made with basswood and cherry
The winner of the show and tell drawing was Gary Weeks.
The winners were Kevin Ketelsen, John Doy, Tom McGuire, Jim Meimann, Dwane Estes, Steve Sutton, Dale Howard and last but not least Jim Schafbuch.
The next meeting will be in March.