March 2020 Meeting Review
Gary Weeks, Secretary
Chuck Haas, our President, is traveling and hopefully not quarantined. Gary Weeks opened the meeting with an attempt at humor following in the tradition of our President; while there was laughter his presentation was not quite the same. Two new members from our last meeting were introduced, Myles Hegstrom and Walter Pearson, as well as guests.
- Artistry in Wood: JArtistry in Wood will not be held this year because of concerns with the pandemic virus, COVID 19, by several members of the committee
- We are in need of someone to audit the Association’s financial records. The Bylaws require an annual audit. Please contact a board member if you are willing to help
- Eugene Harms provided the library minute urging members to utilize the library. It is easy utilizing the new app. He also asked members to please complete the three questions if they have not already done so. This will help the Board scheduling programs and classes.
- There will not be Furniture SIG this Saturday.
- Tom Brumback reminded members of the upcoming classes. We need at least three members for the class to be heldm
- Jason Bentley, from Area 515, did a brief presentation of the capabilities of their makers’ organization. Their shop has areas for auto mechanics, wood, weaving, leather and metal working. Membership to utilize the shop is $40/ month with unlimited access
- The program this month was presented by Brad Preston, a member of DMWWA. He demonstrated the capabilities of the Shaper Origin.
Brad presented on the Shaper Origin. Please go to the website for the presentation.
Show and Tell:
- Mark Schillerstrom: Picture frame
- Nathan Kress: Jokers Marble Game
- Brad Preston: Miter-less picture frame
- Leroy Munson: Shawl hook
The winner of the show and tell drawing was Mark Schillerstrom.
Door Prize Drawing winners were Bob Scott, Mark Matthes, John Terry, Eugene Harms, Brad Lorenz, Mike Lynch, and Marty Button.
The next meeting will be in May.