Nov 2019 Meeting Review
Gary Weeks, Secretary
President Chuck Haas opened the meeting with several jokes which included bus stations, lobsters and a highway to Hawaii. Thank you Chuck! New members and guests were introduced. We were reminded to get to know the members with the white badges; they are new to the club.
- April 18, 2020 will be the Artistry in Wood. Decide on you project for the show
- We continue to need members who are willing to take an active role within DMWW working on committees and volunteering to help with the events
- -The Christmas party will be held on our regular meeting night on December 10. Please bring a show and tell project and/or send in pictures of projects that are too big to bring. Bring something sweet or savory to share with others.
- The Annual Meeting of the DMWW was declared open. Vice President Don Opperthauser presented the slate of officers:
President: Chuck Haas
Vice President: Don Opperthauser
Treasurer: Greg Alberts
Secretary: Gary Weeks
- A motion was made and seconded to elect the presented slate of officers. The motion passed.
- Greg Alberts presented the Annual Year End Financials. There were no questions and the financials were accepted as presented. Chuck thanked Greg for his work
- John Twedt announced that no one had volunteered to lead the SIG for this Saturday. Therefore the meeting was canceled. There will be not SIG in December
- Joe Hansman, Community Service Chairman, reported on the service activities that club members participated in this past year - Habitat for Humanity, projects for silent auctions held by several community organizations and Sleep in Heavenly Peace. There are several opportunities November 2019 Meeting Notes Gary Weeks, Secretary available for club members. They are Lutheran Services to build portable shelving and cabinets, Jewish Federation needs a bench, Girl Scouts in Bondurant have Scouts that need help working on a wood badge and the Festival of Lights needs volunteers.
- Tom Brumback is working with Phil Huber for Spring Classes. Currently, Phil is teaching a class on building a tool chest.
- Dave Campbell announced that Weekend with Wood had only 25 slots remaining. If you are interested, get your reservation in quickly.
- Jamie Retzinger announced that he has walnut, oak and cypress wood for sale.
- Peter Kasper introduced Tom Whalley whose program was Crossover Woodworking.
Show and Tell:
- John Twedt: TV tray with inlay top and polished finish
- Brad Preston: Wedding wagon with lasered maple
- Mark Schillerstrom: Picture frame with repurposed maple
- Phil Laudenklos: Cutting board
- Craig Ruegsegger: Vase sculpture
- Butch McClintic: Drill press table
The winner of the Show and Tell drawing was Brad Preston.
Winners of the door prize drawing: Art Reese, Dave Freligh, Craig Ruegsegger, Gil Lea, Bob Kaldenberg, Vivienne Watrous and Dave Campbell.
The next meeting will be in December.