Membership is open to all individuals who have an interest in any aspect of woodworking. Current members represent all woodworking skill levels from Beginner to Professional. We have both male and female members of all ages.
Members are entitled to - a monthly newsletter, a membership card which provides discounts at leading suppliers of woodworking related products, attend regularly scheduled meetings and receive preferred rates at special club sponsored educational seminars.
DMWA Membership benefits are personal and may not be transferred to family members.
To be a member, you must complete an Application and pay an initial fee of $30.
- For current members, the annual calendar year renewal fee is $25 provide it is paid by the end of the renewal year.
- Prior members who have not renewed for a year or more are treated as new members except an application may not be necessary since data of none renewing members is archived. If your prior member data has significantly changed, please submit a new membership application.
- Meetings are held at the Woodsmith Store (Get Map) the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM (Seminar Room opens at 6:00) - September through May. Any location change will be announced in the Newsletter. Guests are welcome to attend a meeting to "check us out".
- You are welcome to Contact Us if you have any question or would just like to discuss Club membership with a current member.
Membership provides a discount at 20 woodworking suppliers. Many members justify their membership based on these discounts alone. See the Preferred Suppliers menu item on the Main Menu. You will find information on discounts, how to contact, location and products/services offered.
Sending in an Application
Applications are available by clicking Online Application or by picking up a Brochure Application at - Johnston Ace Hardware, 5800 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston (Get Map) - True Value Hardware, 63rd and Grand, West Des Moines (Get Map) - Woodsmith Store, 10320 Hickman Rd, Clive (Get Map).Most of our other local Preferred Suppliers have Brochure Applications on thier customer counters.
Your Application may be mailed or submitted Online.
- To submit your Application online - fill out the Application online and print as a hardcopy document or print as a PDF file document.
- If you print as a hardcopy document you will need to scan it to a photo file type or PDF file type and submit it as an email attachment.
- If you print it as a PDF file document you may directly submit it as an email attachment.
Your Dues Payment may be paid by mailing a check/cash or submitted online via your PayPal Account or Credit Card. To pay online go to Online Payment